- You may also be looking for another Kora
Kora at her inn
|Portrayed By||Angela Dotchin|
|First Appearance||"The Treasure of Zeus: Part 1" (YH)|
|Last Appearance||"The Prize" (YH)|
|Also Known As||The Huntress|
|Affiliations||Artemis, Hercules, Iolaus, Jason|
Kora is a recurring character in Young Hercules. She was the proprietor of Kora's Inn and (secretly) a virgin devotee of Artemis and very attractive. Unaware of her vows, many male students at the Academy were infatuated with her. Kora's devotion went deeper than mere worship, as Artemis bestowed upon her the ability to transform into the Huntress, a powerful enforcer of her divine will. Hercules eventually learned of the connection between Kora and Artemis, causing him and the previously aloof Kora to bond over their Olympian connections.
Kora had a sister named Cleo, of whom she was slightly jealous, though after the sisters spent a little time in each other's shoes, Kora realized that she had the better life.
Background Information Edit
- Earlier in the series, Kora often found herself in need of rescuing, something which makes no sense if the Huntress is taken into account. It is possible that not all of the writers were privy to the chracter's secret, or that it was only decided upon only shortly before it was revealed.
- In spite of the fact that it was her inn, Kora was rarely seen during some of the crazier goings-on at the establishment, such as the Bacchae's arrival.
- Kora appeared in a total of 19 episodes of 'Young Hercules'.
- "Kora" derives from the Greek Κορη, which loosely means "maiden" or "young girl", appropriate for a devotee of Artemis.