As a general rule, the Fates work with the other gods to determine the proper times for a person's death and it seems that any Olympian of sufficient rank can order or delay the death of a mortal (such as when Ares ordered the Fates to cut Xena's thread if she interfered with Hope). Zeus's authority is the one the Fates hold in highest regard and Atropos will not cut the thread of someone under his protection. The Fates' connection to or relationship with Celesta is unclear, but it is possible that the rightful time for Celesta to collect a soul is when Atropos cuts it.
In spite of their membership in the Olympian pantheon and their respect for the authority of Zeus, the Fates are aware of events and destinies beyond the pantheon. Most notably, they were aware that the Twilight of the Gods was at hand and informed Zeus and Hera that there was nothing that could be done to prevent it. Later on, they gave Xena a cryptic clue as to how to kick-start Twilight and unsurprisingly, they did not assist the Olympians when the final battle began.
The fate of the Three Fates is unclear- after Gabrielle destroyed their loom to return history to normal, it is possible that they and their control over destiny ceased to exist, though since they predicted and survived Twilight in the first place, it is possible that they continue to exist, content with their threads.
Although they didn't show much of power as Gods and even weaker & under Zeus's orders they are extremely powerful they are able to control all Destinies Mortal & Gods alike they spread the threads of all Destinies by that Order&power:
- Clotho (Goddess of Past): Spreads the thread of life to all Mortals&Gods alike responsible for all of them being Born
- Lachesis ( Goddess of Present ): Measuring the threads of the present Responsible of what happens in all Mortal's and God's entire present & situations.
- Atropos: (Goddess of Future): Responsible of all Mortal's & Gods future Alike as well as cutting their thread of life bringing about their Demise.
Since they are Olympians and of the highest Order they at least possess the Basic powers that all Gods have like.
Immortality: All fates have the ability to live infinite life span as well as immunity to all sorts of diseases.
Invincibility: All fates are invincible to all sorts of weapons (swords,axes,crossbows) as well as all magical powers from the Gods although these powers can hurt them but not kill her.
Atmokinesis: All Olympians has the power to control and manipulate the weather bring out storms , tornadoes ,rains and Lightning.
Healing: All fates apart from Zeus, Hercules and Hera & Athena have the ability to heal wounds but they can't heal mortal wounds although if they manipulated their Destinies they will be able to change their course of life to have never had this mortal wound in the first place , the rest of the Gods has to blessed by Zeus & Athena's blessings to do so.
Pyrokinesis: All fates have the power to control and manipulate fire by throwing it from her hands.
Teleportation: All fates have the ability to teleport to any place whatever they see fit either on earth or Olympus like when they appeared and disappeared in front of Xena.
Superhuman Strength: All fates & all Olympians possesses super strength can send people flying as well as one another .
Energy Blasts: All fates have the power to shoot powerful Energy blast capable of killing mortals and hurting Gods.
Telekinesis: All fates have the ability to move objects & mortals with their mind.
lightning: All Gods has the ability to shoot lightning capable of killing mortal to hurting other Gods
Time Manipulation: All Gods has the power to manipulate time although they are the only Gods who Doesn't need Zeus's consent to do so.
Invisibility: All Gods have the power to make themselves invisible to all mortals they can't be seen or heard by them.
Conjuration: All fates has the powers to conjure anything or any being she wants.
Shapeshifting: All fates has the ability alter his appearance to take whatever form he likes whether mortals or monsters or Gods.
Divine Powers: they are extremely powerful that they are able to control all Destinies Mortal & Gods alike they spread the threads of all Destinies:
- Reality Warping: All Fates could have the power to manipulate Reality that's how they control all Destinies.
- In Greek mythology, the Fates were known as the Moirai. There was considerable inconsistency as to their power in relation to the other gods, as well as their origins, with some saying they were the daughters of night, while others said they were the daughters of Zeus and Themis.
- To the Etruscans, Atropos was called Athrpa, but the local names of Clotho and Lachesis do not survive.
- In Roman mythology, the Fates were called the parcae, and were individually named Nona ("the ninth", Clotho), Decima ("the tenth", Lachesis), and Morta ("death", Atropos).
- In Norse and Germanic mythology the equivalents of the Fates were the Norns and were named Urðr or Wyrd, Verðandi, and Skuld. Although the meanings of their names provide a clue to which ones spin, measure and cut, the texts do not make it explicit.
- It has been suggested that the Fates were the inspiration for Shakespeare's Three Witches in "Macbeth."
- In the Xenaverse, the Fates appear to be different ages based on their function. This is a modern artistic license, that is not present in Greek, Roman or Nordic mythology- all three Fates (and all Norns) were usually described as old women, leading them in later times to be confused with the graiai.