|By the Sword|
Hercules holding the Fire
|Series||Hercules: The Legendary Journeys|
|Setting||Markan, Arclin's kingdom, Year 1|
|Release Date||October 1996|
|Order in Series||1|
|Order in Publication||1|
|Next Book||Serpent's Shadow|
"Life is like a bowl of granola and acorns: it may be good for you, but the nuts are more fun."
- ―Lionel Fenn, opening quotation
Hercules is sent on a mission by Hermes to recover the sword of Zeus and prevent Hephaestos from destroying mankind.
- Calling on all of his elemental powers, Hephaestos, God of Fire, forged a mighty sword of fire for his king, Zeus. But in a bold move, marauders have stolen the magical blade. Now it is up to Hercules jfvbnnkmzeus es el pito amo
- This article is a stub, or very short article, that is most likely incomplete and needs expansion.
- This book markes the first in-continuity appearances by Hephaestus and Hermes, released prior to their episodic appearances in "Love Takes a Holiday" and "Porkules." However, Hephaestus is married to Aphrodite in the novel, setting it after "Love Takes a Holiday."
- Iolaus does not appear nor is referenced in the novel.
TO BE ADDED
- Arclin II
- Lydia Cember
- Francus Corsco
- Sinius Corsco
- Theo the Mangler
- Nikos Velaralus
|HTLJ novels by Boulevard Books|
|#1||By the Sword||#3||The Eye of the Ram|
|#2||Serpent's Shadow||#4||The First Casualty|